Jones and Stone Drilling Company is certified and received IGSHPA (International Ground Source Heat Pump Association) accreditation as an installer of GSHP (Ground Source Heat Pump) systems. We are experienced as drillers, closed loop installers, and with grouting and pipe fusing.
Our company has participated in the installation of geothermal systems in eight schools – six schools in surrounding counties and two in Wilson County. We have done complete installations for many private homes.
Geothermal energy originates from the heat retained within the earth’s core. This heat is derived from radioactive decay of minerals and from solar energy at the surface. Most high temperature geothermal heat is harvested in regions close to tectonic plate boundaries where volcanic activity rises close to the surface of the earth. In these areas, ground and groundwater can be found with temperatures higher than the target temperature of the application. However, even cold ground contains heat and it can be extracted with a geothermal heat pump. Due to recent advances in heat pump performance, this is a rapidly growing market.
Advantages of Geothermal Energy
- You can save 50% – 75% on annual heating and cooling costs!
- Environmentally Friendly
- Geothermal energy is the most energy efficient and cost-effective climate control system available! Geothermal is a green energy and there is a 30 percent tax break for homes installing Geothermal systems. Geothermal energy systems even reduce carbon dioxide emissions!
- With a geothermal system, you will experience consistent, balanced temperatures and humidity control.
- With ‘Whisper Quiet’ output performance, geothermal systems are virtually silent!
- Highly Adaptable
- This very versatile system will work for you whether your home is new or old, small or large. We can install geothermal system in your residence.